Rock Hill BMX Media Showdown June 27th at Novant Health BMX Supercross Track
Monday, June 19th, 2017
The City of Rock Hill will host the Rock Hill BMX Media Showdown on June 27, in advance of the 2017 UCI BMX World Championships in Rock Hill, SC at the Novant Health BMX Supercross Track, July 25-29. The Media Showdown will allow media representatives to race against colleagues, learn about the sport of BMX, and get important information about the World Championships and media accreditation process. BMX riders, including some qualified to compete in the World Championships, will serve as media team coaches. The winner will be crowned the Rock Hill BMX Media Showdown Champion, complete with awards podium presentation and trophies.
Rock Hill BMX Media Showdown Agenda
10 a.m. Rider registration and open practice with team coaches
Media representatives planning to race need to register at 10 a.m.
10: 40 a.m. Welcome and Mandatory Riders Meeting
Mayor Doug Echols will welcome racers, followed by an announcement of the race rules.
11 a.m. Racing & Awards Podium Presentation
· Vouchers will be provided for free lunch from the concession stand. Please pre-order when you arrive at the track.
· Bikes and helmets will be provided. Riders MUST wear long sleeve shirts, pants and flat athletic shoes. No spikes, dress shoes or sandals permitted. Knee pads, elbow pads and gloves are recommended.
· The Novant Health BMX Supercross Track is open for new rider orientation and open practices if you are interested in getting a head start. Program information is available at www.novanthealthbmx.com.
· Please email Katie Quinn at email@example.com by June 23 to provide the name, gender, address and date of birth for each rider. Each rider will be issued a one day USA BMX license, and must sign the license application and waiver at registration.
· Multiple representatives from each media outlet can participate. Media attendance is encouraged, even if you don’t plan to ride.
· Directions to the Novant Health BMX Supercross Track, 1307 Riverwalk Parkway, Rock Hill, SC—